Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Packing almost done....

The cat always knows. There is no way to make an unnoticed vacation escape.

Now that we have distracted the cat long enough to fill the bags and suitcases, I feel relatively confident that we are ready to hit the road. Or hit the plane, as the case may be. I have already started my pre-flying diet of red wine and ativan (not taken at the same time...or *exactly* the same time) hoping to quiet my nerves. I have never been a fan of flying (and this is putting it very, very mildly), but I realized this summer that my need for a real vacation outweighed my anxiety. A change of scenery and some fun are long overdue.

I'm also pretty grateful that we just missed this ball of fun.

More to report once we depart. In the meantime, more wine and some deep breaths.

afg

No comments: